SPP Emerging Issues Series – 11 February 2021: Gamestop, Bitcoin and Reddit; how retail investors are disrupting global capital markets
Attendance is restricted to staff of SPP Member organisations. However, if you would like to attend as our guest, please contact us and we will consider this.
When booking for more than one person, please ensure that you add each individual email address.
16.00 p.m. – Start of the informal meeting followed by Q&A
16.45 p.m. – Meeting ends
As an ‘Emerging Issues’ seminar the topic will be “Gamestop, Bitcoin and Reddit; how retail investors are disrupting global capital markets”.
This is an informal opportunity for you to hear the views of, and pose your questions to, our speakers, as well as to share your own experiences and thoughts with fellow pension professionals.
• Find out how aggressive investor action could damage pension funds
• Discover whether trustees should be exploring new investment markets
• Learn how the global financial market system is changing
Scott Gardner (Charles Stanley)
Randeep Somel, (M&G Prudential)
Chair – James Riley (Isio, SPP President)
- PMI: 45 minutes under the PMI CPD Scheme
- Solicitors Regulation Authority: 45 minutes (Reference 464329)
- Actuarial Profession: Attendance at this meeting could be considered towards the 10 hours external CPD required under the Actuarial Profession’s arrangements.